Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Do you have more time to live than you have already lived?

thought provoking question

I know it is an awkward question for some of us who have experienced 45+ Diwali/Christmas/Eid etc. Still it is worth asking. If the answer is “No” please keep reading further else please stop and keep doing what you were doing before.

Now that you are still reading I assume either your answer is “No” or you have become curious. In either case you are welcome to read (as if I had a choice). Why have I asked this question? Well, frankly I have been thinking about it for three years now and it has helped me to get clarity. Especially after experience of Covid19 pandemic my perspective towards life and its priorities has transformed a lot. 

When I know I have less and limited time on this planet, I cannot waste any of it rather I want to make the best use of it. Now, I don’t go to every movie unless I am sure it suits my taste. Earlier I used to watch movies for time pass and then later waste time in criticizing/appreciating the cast and crew. I have made my peace with the fact that I am incapable or incompetent for many things and stopped worrying or justifying them.

I don’t waste time in judging people anymore. I have stopped claiming and believing that I understand people and their psychology. I have accepted the fact that people are different, with different needs, different temperament, and different talent and of course different goals. This has helped me to save an amazing amount of headache. I don’t have time to pursue certain types of people or ego pleasures.

I don’t have time for selecting or critiquing or appreciating cricket team or its results. I don’t have time to argue with people on their political affiliations and least bothered about them changing sides. I don’t have time to expect people to change their habits, behaviour, attitude, style or nature. I don’t have time to worry about international or domestic politics or climate condition. I don’t have time to solve world’s problems. I do not have time for worrying, arguing, convincing, pleasing, pleading or waiting.

Since I have realised all this, now I have hell lot of energy, time and happiness. Yes, I feel younger, lighter, happier, peaceful and liberated. How?

I have all the time to focus on myself, my knowledge, my skills, my health, my people (whom I like and who reciprocate)  and above all pursuing what I want not what I have to. I don’t fear to be judged or misunderstood anymore. Who has time for caring that much now? I have time to “DO NOTHING”. Yes, doing nothing is highly productive state of being. You produce better results in this state. Are you feeling confused or disagree? It’s alright and understandable. Ask me for details, I may share (not guaranteed).   

Now I don’t pursue my dreams, I pursue my feelings. Now I have one unique advantage. I have time to LISTEN. Yes, first time in my life I have actually and really started listening. Once we listen, we learn and whenever we learn we become wiser. Every wise person lives peacefully.

“Speak Less; Communicate More, Hoard Less; Share More, Judge Less, Understand More.”

Once we accept and adapt with reality, every day is a birthday, every activity becomes fulfilling and every interaction becomes learning. Once we realise we start living a FULFILLING life. Thanks for reading. You are awesome!

Yours blissfully,

Suresh Mohan Semwal

1 comment:

Symbolic leadership